10/21/07

Rememory

Through it All

So we left our ponds behind to swim through the ocean
Alone and far from home we moved to our cabin
There we found some brand new friends (new friends worth making)
When we played our "ten fingers" standing on the beach

We took the time to care
We took the time to try

A year later and the story's changed (that's how it goes)
Gone were the days of rainy-days off (with games to be playing)
Some days were games, booze, and movie nights (with laughter to spare)
But others were sad with fists through signage (still in a box)

We took the time to fight
We took the time to cry

Enter the guys and the tension they cause (it was so hard)
One hated everyone, and only loved me (now hates even me)
One loved everyone, and hated just me (and they love him)
They all turned out to be liars (from beginning to end)

We took the time to like
We took the time to love

Yelled at me and broke my heart (now it's worth mending)
Stabbed my back and stole my friends (guess they weren't worth it)
You asked, so I gave time (more that you wasted)
Chose to trust but you lied again (I still forgive you)

And through it all I found my voice
The strength to stand when I'm defeated
A chance to grow and choose my path
And I forgive you.
In fact, I thank you.



Demise of a Fairy-tale

I breathe the words through the steam of my coffee
In the demise of our fairy-tale
Such an intimate thought dismissed in the air
Doubtlessly barely heard over the din of this place
The stereotypic voices (deep thoughts, to be sure)
And the tip-tap-typing of fingers on keys.
A swirl of lost hope
The poetry bound in that book left unread
Was destined to tear the pride from my veins
So I cling to the moments before (all i have left)
But then my hope was carried away
In a ring of vapor never seen again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hm..