7/30/07

Some Stuff I Wrote

Some stuff I wrote:

I Don't Doubt This

No excuses this time, princess,
Cuz a promise means another broken heart.
And all that's left are promises
And it seems they all are breaking
one heartstring at a time (one heartstring at a time)
two more and we'll go bust (two more)
two more but we're still here (two more)
I see the misery (I see the company)
I see the tears (I see the smile)
"Couldn't you give it another shot"
She said, but she never need to ask
"I promise this time...
oh yes, I promise"
Broken hearts and broken glass
Broken homes and broken bones
two more lies and we'll go bust (two more)
two more but we're still here (two more)
No excuses left (no promises kept)
No excuses left (no promises kept)
No excuses left (no promises kept)
No excuses left (no promises kept)


one month headstart (on hating you)

i say i blame you but we both made this mess
my heart is gone and i must confess
that i never believed you in the first place
so take to the streets and drive your ass home
cuz in my head you left an hour ago

i would tell you i hope that you crash and you burn
but your life already is (not half as bad as mine of course)
but you'd never know (cuz i never told you)
but you thought i'd know (but you never told me)
this one-way street won't take us home

never's a promise (and so is goodbye)
so just up and go and stop with your lie
that tomorrow you'll call me (cuz you just never will)
if you were a true friend, you'd know better by now
if you meant what you said then i know it's not goodbye

so go drive too fast and take it too far
and give me a break (cuz your face i can't take)
you mean nothing to me (i guess that's a lie)
i mean nothing to you (that's more to the point)
but the one-way street won't take us anywhere

and tomorrow's sun set at your first "hello"



Sell Out From The Start

buying in or selling out
it's all the same (we're all the same)
cuz who's left to smile
when what's in is the frown
don't compromise pretty
cuz "pretty is power"

but tomorrow has the promise
of sterile suburban sprawl
filled with brand new homes
on the picturesque streets
and an image to keep
(cuz you live in their eyes)

and never say never
(never's forever)
it's a promise to keep (but i know you won't)
you fit right in in that bullshit town
and tomorrow you'll find
i'm not coming home

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll talk soon.