7/13/07

Excerpt from "Just Let Go"

This is the first part of my short story for LTWR 8A called "Just Let Go"


Feeling overwhelming freedom and the reassuring safety of his arms as he breathes life back into me and whispers in my ear: “you are safe babe, you are safe. Don’t worry Lindsey, You are safe. You worry too much. I’ve got you and we’ll get through all of this. It’s gonna be alright. You are safe.” I turn around and look into his deep brown eyes expecting to find a face familiar - the face that haunts my dreams - but I don’t know him. I don’t know his face. I don’t know his eyes. I believe every word he says to me and can see all of my life in his eyes, but I don’t know him, I just -

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

Deep breath, in through the nose and out through the mouth. I am okay, I am safe, and I am alive. Open eyes, glimpse the late morning rays fighting the shades and pushing back the darkness.

My darkness.

My heart falls in a breach of emotions and memories because I remember this darkness of mine. I remember that I am me. I am here. That I am sad. And that I miss Kelli; if only I could have started this day off in his arms then it could be a good day. But I’m so alone and sad. I am me. Fucking reality…

0 comments: