7/17/08

A Lifetime Of Minutes and Stories

fixed on my head like a thorn in my side,
my tongue stretches words in the edge of my crown.
i am beautiful for my waiting on you.
don't you dare let me fall from this cliff i'm hanging from.
Chandelier sway light meets the water in my eyes.
plethora of spiders hanging cobwebs from the years.
i say i'm giving up on you,
you are taking too much of my patience and effort.
and what hurts me worse is that you'll never understand how unfair you're being to me.
you'll never understand the endless hours of misery i've suffered.
if i had a lifetime of minutes and stories to give you,
my glands would swell up and fill my mouth with blood.
do you know how many minutes you've taken off my life,
from so much energy i've taken worrying over you?
don't let these words go to your head, just because i wrote it about you.

0 comments: