7/17/08

Curtain Call

if my shadow must exist for your open arms to blow
then let it be for my world to break free
or if my life has gone away
let me live without myself.

you've treated me so good how could you say you did me wrong
you're still in heartbreak mode and you deserve to know
that at least you lived it well
the split second that you had
on stage for the whole world to see
and believe me, i know they're watching

my life should be as one breaks his toys
i've been made to be broken and the whole world's a stage
and now the crowd is cheering me now
cause at least i played it well.

one more glance through the dim faces of the house
i find my fears are met with truth
in their eyes i find a mirror of a thousand little shards
showing me the broken toys were my life,
my friends,
my heart

0 comments: